Friday, October 29, 2010

God's Presence Comforts and Assures

The Inescapable God
God Sustains

Psalm 63 (The Message)
A David Psalm, When He Was out in the Judean Wilderness
 1 God—you're my God! I can't get enough of you!
   I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God,
      traveling across dry and weary deserts.

 2-4 So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open,
      drinking in your strength and glory.
   In your generous love I am really living at last!
      My lips brim praises like fountains.
   I bless you every time I take a breath;
      My arms wave like banners of praise to you.

 5-8 I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy;
      I smack my lips. It's time to shout praises!
   If I'm sleepless at midnight,
      I spend the hours in grateful reflection.
   Because you've always stood up for me,
      I'm free to run and play.
   I hold on to you for dear life,
      and you hold me steady as a post.

 9-11 Those who are out to get me are marked for doom,
      marked for death, bound for hell.
   They'll die violent deaths;
      jackals will tear them limb from limb.
   But the king is glad in God;
      his true friends spread the joy,
   While small-minded gossips
      are gagged for good.


For Reflection
How do you live in the midst of trouble? How do you frame your circumstances? To what extent is your suffering a result of your fear?  Do you sometimes wish for quiet moments in which you snuggle your head into the neck of our Lord as He strokes your hair and says, "There, There, I am with you.  It's going to be just fine."  Cry out to God. He will comfort you.  He will provide sanctuary.

Pray
offer up to God a situation which is troubling you.  Listen for God's answer.  Watch for signs of His promise to comfort you and assure you that the circumstances will be resolved. Pray for patience and a mind open to see and accept God's resolution.  Offer prayers that others will experience God' comfort and assurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.