Thursday, November 4, 2010

God Hears My Prayers

The Inescapable God
God Protects


Psalm 66:13-20 (The Message)
 13-15 I'm bringing my prizes and presents to your house.
      I'm doing what I said I'd do,
   What I solemnly swore I'd do
      that day when I was in so much trouble:
   The choicest cuts of meat
      for the sacrificial meal;
   Even the fragrance
      of roasted lamb is like a meal!
   Or make it an ox
      garnished with goat meat!

 16-20 All believers, come here and listen,
      let me tell you what God did for me.
   I called out to him with my mouth,
      my tongue shaped the sounds of music.
   If I had been cozy with evil,
      the Lord would never have listened.
   But he most surely did listen,
      he came on the double when he heard my prayer.
   Blessed be God: he didn't turn a deaf ear,
      he stayed with me, loyal in his love.

For Reflection
For the last couple of years, our Church has conducted a church school series during which our members have given personal testimonies of how God has worked in their lives.  In each case God provided answers to their needs.  It took great courage to open themselves to the church, but each of them were eager to tell us what God did for them.  Have you shared what God has done for you lately?

Pray
Sing songs of praise for God's steadfast abiding love.  Pray for the courage to spread the news of what god has done for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.