Thursday, March 17, 2011

Taught and Led by God

We Worship God
A Guide for Worship Leaders:
Prepare for Leadership


Psalm 25:1-10 (The Message)

A David Psalm
 1-2 My head is high, God, held high; I'm looking to you, God;
   No hangdog skulking for me.

 3 I've thrown in my lot with you;
   You won't embarrass me, will you?
   Or let my enemies get the best of me?    Don't embarrass any of us
   Who went out on a limb for you.
   It's the traitors who should be humiliated.

 4 Show me how you work, God;
   School me in your ways.

 5 Take me by the hand;
   Lead me down the path of truth.
   You are my Savior, aren't you?

 6 Mark the milestones of your mercy and love, God;
   Rebuild the ancient landmarks!

 7 Forget that I sowed wild oats;
   Mark me with your sign of love.
   Plan only the best for me, God!

 8 God is fair and just;
   He corrects the misdirected,
   Sends them in the right direction.

 9 He gives the rejects his hand,
   And leads them step-by-step.

 10 From now on every road you travel
   Will take you to God.
   Follow the Covenant signs;
   Read the charted directions.

For Reflection

Who is a leader in God's Kingdom?  All who believe in Him.

What does it take?  Complete sacrifice of self so that one is born anew.  Trust in one's spiritual transformation.

Pray
a prayer based upon the first seven lines of this passage.   Believe deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.