Friday, April 15, 2011

Sing Praises to the Lord

We Worship God
A Guide for Worship Leaders:
Hosanna!


1 Corinthians 16:8-18 (The Message)


 5-9I plan to visit you after passing through northern Greece. I won't be staying long there, but maybe I can stay awhile with you—maybe even spend the winter? Then you could give me a good send-off, wherever I may be headed next. I don't want to just drop by in between other "primary" destinations. I want a good, long, leisurely visit. If the Master agrees, we'll have it! For the present, I'm staying right here in Ephesus. A huge door of opportunity for good work has opened up here. (There is also mushrooming opposition.)
 10-11If Timothy shows up, take good care of him. Make him feel completely at home among you. He works so hard for the Master, just as I do. Don't let anyone disparage him. After a while, send him on to me with your blessing. Tell him I'm expecting him, and any friends he has with him.
 12About our friend Apollos, I've done my best to get him to pay you a visit, but haven't talked him into it yet. He doesn't think this is the right time. But there will be a "right time."
 13-14Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you've got, be resolute, and love without stopping.
 15-16Would you do me a favor, friends, and give special recognition to the family of Stephanas? You know, they were among the first converts in Greece, and they've put themselves out, serving Christians ever since then. I want you to honor and look up to people like that: companions and workers who show us how to do it, giving us something to aspire to.
 17-18I want you to know how delighted I am to have Stephanas, Fortunatus, and Achaicus here with me. They partially make up for your absence! They've refreshed me by keeping me in touch with you. Be proud that you have people like this among you.

For Reflection
For over two thousand years the Christ event has captured the hearts of believers.  Through persecution, war, internal conflict, divisions of theology and structure, the promise of the resurrected Christ has survived.  He is present today in your life.  God is triumphant. We are saved from ourselves.  Hosanna!  Sing songs of praise.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhrqUDbhgxY&feature=related

Pray
for the church.  Pray that the fellowship of believers will hold true to the teachings of Jesus Christ.  Pray that the Spirit  will flow through each of us and draw us into righteous service to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.