Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Integrity of Heart

God Instructs the People of God

Listening for God in Changing Times:
Respecting Community Standards

1 Kings 9:1-5

The Message

 1-2 After Solomon had completed building The Temple of God and his own palace, all the projects he had set his heart on doing, God appeared to Solomon again, just as he had appeared to him at Gibeon.

 3-5 And God said to him, "I've listened to and received all your prayers, your ever-so-passionate prayers. I've sanctified this Temple that you have built: My Name is stamped on it forever; my eyes are on it and my heart in it always. As for you, if you live in my presence as your father David lived, pure in heart and action, living the life I've set out for you, attentively obedient to my guidance and judgments, then I'll back your kingly rule over Israel, make it a sure thing on a solid foundation. The same guarantee I gave David your father I'm giving you: 'You can count on always having a descendant on Israel's throne.'

For Reflection
Integrity.  Easy to say -- not always easy to do.  God answers prayers.  God only asks that we be obedient to His word living in His presence.

Pray
that you remain faithful to Gods will.  Pray that you will listen closely to God's guidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.