Monday, February 6, 2012

Keep the Law and Live

FAITH IN ACTION:
LIVING AS FAITHFUL PEOPLE
God's Redemption

FREED FROM THE LAW THROUGH CHRIST

Leviticus 18:1-5

The Message
 1-5 God spoke to Moses: "Speak to the People of Israel. Tell them, I am God, your God. Don't live like the people of Egypt where you used to live, and don't live like the people of Canaan where I'm bringing you. Don't do what they do. Obey my laws and live by my decrees. I am your God. Keep my decrees and laws: The person who obeys them lives by them. I am God.

For Reflection
God wanted His people to live extraordinary lives as his chosen people.  His strategy was command and control.  If his people lived as He commanded, they would have been seen as people united and protected by God.  God calls us all to live extraordinary lives apart from the social, cultural, technical and political influences of our times.  How are you doing?

Pray
thanking God for his guiding hand.  Thank him for his ever present protection.  Ask God to use you in realizing His kingdom on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.