Thursday, July 5, 2012

Praising God's Steadfast Love

God's Creative Word
God Calls For Justice:  Justice Enacted

David Embodies God's Justice

2 Samuel 22:47-51

The Message

 47-51 Live, God! Blessing to my Rock,
      my towering Salvation-God!
   This God set things right for me
      and shut up the people who talked back.
   He rescued me from enemy anger.
      You pulled me from the grip of upstarts,
   You saved me from the bullies.
      That's why I'm thanking you, God,
      all over the world.
   That's why I'm singing songs
      that rhyme your name.
   God's king takes the trophy;
      God's chosen is beloved.
   I mean David and all his children—
      always.

For Reflection
Yesterday, we in  America celebrated our freedom and independence.  This was justice paid for in the lives of many brave men and women.  It is justice that is still a model of governance for the world.  It is, however, a style of living that will always be threatened.  We must thank God for the examples of justice all over the world.  We must remember that God's justice, not our justice reigns.  We must listen as God sets us right. 

Pray
that you will temper your perceptions of the world with the wisdom found in scripture.  Pray that what we have been we will not remain; that what we are is not what we will become.  Pray for the guiding hand or God.  Pray that the whole world will grow into Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.