Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Have Come to Rescue Them

A Living Faith
Who Understands Faith?

Stephen's Martyrdom

Acts 7:30-34

The Message
30-32 “Forty years later, in the wilderness of Mount Sinai, an angel appeared to him in the guise of flames of a burning bush. Moses, not believing his eyes, went up to take a closer look. He heard God’s voice: ‘I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.’ Frightened nearly out of his skin, Moses shut his eyes and turned away.
33-34 “God said, ‘Kneel and pray. You are in a holy place, on holy ground. I’ve seen the agony of my people in Egypt. I’ve heard their groans. I’ve come to help them. So get yourself ready; I’m sending you back to Egypt.’

For Reflection
Moses beheld a vision of God, disguised as a flaming bush.  But not just any old flaming bush.  The flames did not consume the bush.  Certainly the law of Moses is divinely delivered.  It is, indeed, the word of God.   Who could not ignore His law?  Who can not ignore His law today?  How can we be obedient to the law when the laws conflict?  What do you do when the law conflicts with itself or with commonsense?

Pray
Pray for the courage to be obedient to the law.  Pray for the wisdom to apply the law well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.