Tuesday, November 13, 2012

God's Judgement of the Privileged

A Living Faith
Who Understands Faith?

Paul Ministers in Malta

Ezekiel 34:17-24

The Message (MSG)
17-19 “‘And as for you, my dear flock, I’m stepping in and judging between one sheep and another, between rams and goats. Aren’t you satisfied to feed in good pasture without taking over the whole place? Can’t you be satisfied to drink from the clear stream without muddying the water with your feet? Why do the rest of my sheep have to make do with grass that’s trampled down and water that’s been muddied?
20-22 “‘Therefore, God, the Master, says: I myself am stepping in and making things right between the plump sheep and the skinny sheep. Because you forced your way with shoulder and rump and butted at all the weaker animals with your horns till you scattered them all over the hills, I’ll come in and save my dear flock, no longer let them be pushed around. I’ll step in and set things right between one sheep and another.
23-24 “‘I’ll appoint one shepherd over them all: my servant David. He’ll feed them. He’ll be their shepherd. And I, God, will be their God. My servant David will be their prince. I, God, have spoken.

For Reflection
What and how much do you really need and why do you think you need it?  What difference does it make if there is a chasm between the haves and the have nots?  God says there is plenty here,  no need for greed and selfishness to dominate you.  God takes the side of justice and fairness.  He protects the bullied and those who are left in the waters muddied by the insensitive or the greedy. He asks you to join him in leveling the playing field.  How are you doing?

Pray
that you will champion the down trodden.  Pray that you will be instrumental helping others emerge from untoward circumstances.  Pray that the world's disadvantaged will be comforted and realize the promise of God's peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.