Thursday, May 8, 2014

I Came to Draw all People

Jesus' Fulfillment of Scripture
Jesus' Use of Scripture

Jesus' Mission on Earth

John 12:27-33

The Message
27-28 “Right now I am storm-tossed. And what am I going to say? ‘Father, get me out of this’? No, this is why I came in the first place. I’ll say, ‘Father, put your glory on display.’”
A voice came out of the sky: “I have glorified it, and I’ll glorify it again.”
29 The listening crowd said, “Thunder!”
Others said, “An angel spoke to him!”
30-33 Jesus said, “The voice didn’t come for me but for you. At this moment the world is in crisis. Now Satan, the ruler of this world, will be thrown out. And I, as I am lifted up from the earth, will attract everyone to me and gather them around me.” He put it this way to show how he was going to be put to death.

For Reflection
As the Father asked of His Son, we are asked to hallow God's name.  Even if in the act of obedience we are storm tossed, ask not to be removed from the suffering but, rather, be strengthened by it and committed to God's will.

Pray
that all you say and do will hallow the name of God.  Pray that all who see you and hear you will strengthened and filled with the hope of a new world, a right relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.