Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I Believe, Help My Unbelief.

Acts of Worship
Awe of God


Glory To God in the Highest

Mark 9:15-24  The Message

There Are No Ifs

14-16 When they came back down the mountain to the other disciples, they saw a huge crowd around them, and the religion scholars cross-examining them. As soon as the people in the crowd saw Jesus, admiring excitement stirred them. They ran and greeted him. He asked, “What’s going on? What’s all the commotion?”
17-18 A man out of the crowd answered, “Teacher, I brought my mute son, made speechless by a demon, to you. Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, grinds his teeth, and goes stiff as a board. I told your disciples, hoping they could deliver him, but they couldn’t.”
19-20 Jesus said, “What a generation! No sense of God! How many times do I have to go over these things? How much longer do I have to put up with this? Bring the boy here.” They brought him. When the demon saw Jesus, it threw the boy into a seizure, causing him to writhe on the ground and foam at the mouth.
21-22 He asked the boy’s father, “How long has this been going on?”
“Ever since he was a little boy. Many times it pitches him into fire or the river to do away with him. If you can do anything, do it. Have a heart and help us!”
23 Jesus said, “If? There are no ‘ifs’ among believers. Anything can happen.”
24 No sooner were the words out of his mouth than the father cried, “Then I believe. Help me with my doubts!”
 
For Reflection
Reviewing recent National and world events, I wonder too, "What a generation! No sense of God!"  So many wars, so much fear, so much vendetta.  Christ came into the world to end fear, to end vendetta.  Christ came into the world to free us to follow an alternative path.  Christ's path leads to peace.
 
Pray
for those who follow the false Gods which foster hate and fear.  Pray for those who follow the false God of self-righteousness.  Pray that all will see the wisdom of forgiveness and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.