Monday, January 11, 2016

A Clean and Faithful Heart

Sacred Gifts and Holy Gatherings
Four Weddings and a Funeral

An Unfaithful Bride

Psalm 51:6-15  The Message

4-6 You’re the One I’ve violated, and you’ve seen
    it all, seen the full extent of my evil.
You have all the facts before you;
    whatever you decide about me is fair.
I’ve been out of step with you for a long time,
    in the wrong since before I was born.
What you’re after is truth from the inside out.
    Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life.

7-15 
Soak me in your laundry and I’ll come out clean,

    scrub me and I’ll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
    set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don’t look too close for blemishes,
    give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
    shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don’t throw me out with the trash,
    or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
    put a fresh wind in my sails!
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
    so the lost can find their way home.
Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
    and I’ll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
    I’ll let loose with your praise.


For Reflection 
What do you do when you are down and almost out, on your last legs, taking your last breath,  hitting rock bottom, dead to hope, flat on the floor and you realize your have nowhere to go nothing to turn to?  
 
Pray for salvation.  Repent, confess your sins to God.  Ask for help as only God can give.  You know what to do.  You just haven't done it.  So, do it!  Give yourself over to God and find your way to redemption.  Trust in the Lord.  Salvation is not just a spiritual concept.

Pray
prayers of confession.  Pray so that you can embrace the Holy Spirit.  Pray for help and you will find resources to help.  Pray for redemption and you will grow into grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.