Friday, May 6, 2016

Giving Thanks

The Gift of Faith
Restorative Faith

Grateful Faith

Luke 22:14-20  The Message

14-16 When it was time, he sat down, all the apostles with him, and said, “You’ve no idea how much I have looked forward to eating this Passover meal with you before I enter my time of suffering. It’s the last one I’ll eat until we all eat it together in the kingdom of God.”
17-18 Taking the cup, he blessed it, then said, “Take this and pass it among you. As for me, I’ll not drink wine again until the kingdom of God arrives.”
19 Taking bread, he blessed it, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, given for you. Eat it in my memory.”
20 He did the same with the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant written in my blood, blood poured out for you.
 
For Reflection
As I write this Passover begins.  It reminds me of the faith God has in us.  Why else would God protect us, nurture us, and send God's son to be crucified to show us how to live our lives in the Kingdom of God?

The supper was a moving, revealing moment for the disciples that signified the love, faith, hope and compassion of a life lived as the Father would have us live it.  This new covenant, sealed by the blood of Jesus, is written on the hearts of each of us.  As you eat together, celebrate the communion you enjoy with each other in the Household of God.

Pray
often!  Pray prayers of thanksgiving.  Pray prayers of intercession. Pray prayers of repentance.  Pray so that you might live in the presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.