Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Open Your Eyes

Toward a New Creation
A World Gone Wrong


We're All under Sin's Power

Acts 26:12-18  The Message

12-14 “One day on my way to Damascus, armed as always with papers from the high priests authorizing my action, right in the middle of the day a blaze of light, light outshining the sun, poured out of the sky on me and my companions. Oh, King, it was so bright! We fell flat on our faces. Then I heard a voice in Hebrew: ‘Saul, Saul, why are you out to get me? Why do you insist on going against the grain?’
15-16 “I said, ‘Who are you, Master?’
“The voice answered, ‘I am Jesus, the One you’re hunting down like an animal. But now, up on your feet—I have a job for you. I’ve handpicked you to be a servant and witness to what’s happened today, and to what I am going to show you.
17-18 “‘I’m sending you off to open the eyes of the outsiders so they can see the difference between dark and light, and choose light, see the difference between Satan and God, and choose God. I’m sending you off to present my offer of sins forgiven, and a place in the family, inviting them into the company of those who begin real living by believing in me.’

For Reflection
What has Jesus taught us?

By His action, Jesus has shown us that no matter who we are, what we have been, or what we have done, all is forgiven.  God's faith in us is steadfast and irrevocable.  God forgives and asks only that we forgive and strive for obedience to God.  God calls each of us.

Pray
that you will strive for obedience to God.  Pray that you will answer God's overture to righteous living and live in the freedom of God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.