Friday, November 25, 2016

Promised Redemption Fulfilled

The Sovereignty of God
The Alpha and Omega


Alpha and Omega

Isaiah 43:1-7  The Message

When You’re Between a Rock and a Hard Place

43 1-4 But now, God’s Message,
    the God who made you in the first place, Jacob,
    the One who got you started, Israel:
“Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you.
    I’ve called your name. You’re mine.
When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you.
    When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you’re between a rock and a hard place,
    it won’t be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
    The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:
    all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That’s how much you mean to me!
    That’s how much I love you!
I’d sell off the whole world to get you back,
    trade the creation just for you.
5-7 “So don’t be afraid: I’m with you.
    I’ll round up all your scattered children,
    pull them in from east and west.
I’ll send orders north and south:
    ‘Send them back.
Return my sons from distant lands,
    my daughters from faraway places.
I want them back, every last one who bears my name,
    every man, woman, and child
Whom I created for my glory,
    yes, personally formed and made each one.’”


For Reflection
The redemption God has given to Israel, God has given to us all, through Jesus Christ, the risen son of God.  We should no longer fear.  We should no longer feel left alone to fend for ourselves.  We, also, are the children of God.  Rejoice in this knowledge.  Be humbled by the grace of God.  Be empowered to do good in God's name.  Oh, yes! Hallelujah!

Pray
prayers of thanksgiving and praise. Pray that you will always abide in the loving arms of God.  Pray that you and all of God's people will accept and perform in the manner of God's promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.