Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Fleece Confirms Victory

God's Urgent Call
Called to Be Strong


Gideon's Call

Judges 6:36-40. The Message

36-37 Gideon said to God, “If this is right, if you are using me to save Israel as you’ve said, then look: I’m placing a fleece of wool on the threshing floor. If dew is on the fleece only, but the floor is dry, then I know that you will use me to save Israel, as you said.”
38 That’s what happened. When he got up early the next morning, he wrung out the fleece—enough dew to fill a bowl with water!
39 Then Gideon said to God, “Don’t be impatient with me, but let me say one more thing. I want to try another time with the fleece. But this time let the fleece stay dry, while the dew drenches the ground.”
40 God made it happen that very night. Only the fleece was dry while the ground was wet with dew.

For Reflection
When you are weak, God is tender.  A less humble God may have taken offense at Gideon's requests for a sign.  Here, Gideon shows his trembling weakness and asks God to fortify him with confidence. God complies.

Pray
Pray that when your faith wanes, you will call on God to strengthen it. Pray that when you lack confidence in your ability to be obedient to God's call, you will call on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.