Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Eat the Scroll and the Prophesy

God's Urgent Call
Calling of Prophets


Ezekiels' Call 

Revelation 10:8-11 The Message

8-11 The voice out of Heaven spoke to me again: “Go, take the book held open in the hand of the Angel astride sea and earth.” I went up to the Angel and said, “Give me the little book.” He said, “Take it, then eat it. It will taste sweet like honey, but turn sour in your stomach.” I took the little book from the Angel’s hand and it was sweet honey in my mouth, but when I swallowed, my stomach curdled. Then I was told, “You must go back and prophesy again over many peoples and nations and languages and kings.”

For Reflection
It is not enough to take the Scriptures in hand or to brandish them as a weapon.  It is not sufficient to read them once.  The voice of Heaven instructs the apostle to devour them.  He predicts that the first read will be sweet.  To look into the future is pleasurable. But as one digests what has been written, one realizes the dire result of infidelity to the word of God.  One recognizes the urgency of God's invitation to reconcile.

Pray
Pray that you will accept the call of Christ to follow His way.  Pray that your life will be a constant invitation for others to live a life in the hollow of God's hands.  Pray that you will respond to the urgency of God's overture and hallow God in all that you do.  Pray that you will be a beckoning source of love in a world filled with hate,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.