Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Acknowledging God

All Glory and Honor

John 20:24-28 The Message

24-25 But Thomas, sometimes called the Twin, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples told him, “We saw the Master.”
But he said, “Unless I see the nail holes in his hands, put my finger in the nail holes, and stick my hand in his side, I won’t believe it.”
26 Eight days later, his disciples were again in the room. This time Thomas was with them. Jesus came through the locked doors, stood among them, and said, “Peace to you.”
27 Then he focused his attention on Thomas. “Take your finger and examine my hands. Take your hand and stick it in my side. Don’t be unbelieving. Believe.”
28 Thomas said, “My Master! My God!”

For Reflection

At one time or another, a Christian has doubted.  In spite of all that God has revealed to us, God is still a mystery. God exists within our perception and also in an eternity beyond our ability to comprehend fully.

Thomas needed proof that the unbelievable had occurred; that Christ had defied death.  But Thomas's doubt did not erode his faith. On the contrary, it stimulated questions and a search for truth.  Christian doubt is not a sign of weakness, but an opportunity to understand and grow into grace.

Pray

Pray that your doubt will lead to a deeper understanding of your God story.  Pray that you will seek God's wisdom to displace doubt. Pray that you will embrace doubt and find conviction in the Christ event.

Forward to a friend
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.