Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Genuine Christian Behavior

The Way of a New Life

God's Justice

Romans 12:14-21 The Message

14-16 Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they’re happy; share tears when they’re down. Get along with each other; don’t be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don’t be the great somebody.
17-19 Don’t hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you’ve got it in you, get along with everybody. Don’t insist on getting even; that’s not for you to do. “I’ll do the judging,” says God. “I’ll take care of it.”
20-21 Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he’s thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness. Don’t let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good.

For Reflection

I went for a bicycle ride one day, and as I was unloading my bike, I noticed the car next to mine.  It was an older one and not well kept.  The paint was fading, and it looked as though it had not been washed for months.  The rear seats were piled to the roof with stuff.  In the front seat on the passenger side sat a sullen young woman. Standing beside the car was a tall rather thin young man whose hair had not been washed for quite a while.
"Are you living in your car?" I asked.
"Yes," he replied as the young woman turned to look at me.
I opened my wallet and pulled out the only bill there, a twenty.  "I hope this will help," I said. "It's all I have with me."

I often think of them and wonder about the rest of the story. I also wonder why we crossed paths just then.

Pray

Pray so that you may wonder about the rest of the story. Pray so that you will find chance encounters and feel moved by the circumstance.  Pray that you will find the place in your heart for giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.