Monday, December 31, 2018

Love as I Have Loved You

Our Love for God

Loving God, Trusting Christ

Hold Fast to God's Love

John 15:12-17 The Message

11-15 “I’ve told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I’m no longer calling you servants because servants don’t understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I’ve named you friends because I’ve let you in on everything I’ve heard from the Father.
16 “You didn’t choose me, remember; I chose you and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won’t spoil. As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you.
17 “But remember the root command: Love one another.

For Reflection

John suggests that God's intention for humankind is to enjoy life.  God's wish is that we share God's joy and that our joy would continue to grow into maturity.  The key to achieving a level of joy that approximates the joy God experiences is to love.  Such unreasonable love for God, self, friends, and enemies is the process of fulfilling the promise of our lives.

Pray

Pray so that you will be more able to love as God loves.


Forward to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.