Friday, February 15, 2019

God's Grace for Hard Testing

Our Love for God

Love Songs That Glorify God


Praising God's Mighty Works


Psalm 66:10-15 The Message

8-12 Bless our God, O peoples!
    Give him a thunderous welcome!
Didn’t he set us on the road to life?
    Didn’t he keep us out of the ditch?
He trained us first,
    passed us like silver through refining fires,
Brought us into hardscrabble country,
    pushed us to our very limit,
Road-tested us inside and out,
    took us to hell and back;
Finally he brought us
    to this well-watered place.
13-15 I’m bringing my prizes and presents to your house.
    I’m doing what I said I’d do,
What I solemnly swore I’d do
    that day when I was in so much trouble:
The choicest cuts of meat
    for the sacrificial meal;
Even the fragrance
    of roasted lamb is like a meal!
Or make it an ox
    garnished with goat meat!

For Reflection

Think about your life. Remember the consequences of your experiences. God has placed you in the path of experience and influences that have brought you to grace.  Only one hitch. You had to choose to follow the path God had set for you.  If you ignored God's guidance, there was always the next opportunity to choose -- and the next and the next and the next...

Pray

Pray so that the choices you make are consistent with the will of God for you to grow in love and grace.

Forward to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.