Monday, July 11, 2011

The Lord is My Stronghold

God Instructs the People of God

Listening for God in Changing Times:
Use God's Strength

Psalm 27:1-6

The Message
A David Psalm
 1 Light, space, zest— that's God!
   So, with him on my side I'm fearless,
      afraid of no one and nothing.

 2 When vandal hordes ride down
      ready to eat me alive,
   Those bullies and toughs
      fall flat on their faces.

 3 When besieged,
      I'm calm as a baby.
   When all hell breaks loose,
      I'm collected and cool.

 4 I'm asking God for one thing,
      only one thing:
   To live with him in his house
      my whole life long.
   I'll contemplate his beauty;
      I'll study at his feet.

 5 That's the only quiet, secure place
      in a noisy world,
   The perfect getaway,
      far from the buzz of traffic.

 6 God holds me head and shoulders
      above all who try to pull me down.
   I'm headed for his place to offer anthems
      that will raise the roof!
   Already I'm singing God-songs;
      I'm making music to God.

For Reflection
How far do you really trust the Lord?  Are you fearless, or do those nagging fears shake the foundations of your faith?  What hoards of vandals are nibbling away at your confidence in the Lord?  To what extent do you marshall on in the knowledge that God will provide?  Do you possess the kind of trust that allows you to step into the unknown unafraid of the consequence?

Pray
for complete trust in the Lord.  Pray for the courage to step into life with full confidence that the Lord will guide and protect you.  Pray that you smile in the face of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.