Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wait for the Lord

God Instructs the People of God

Listening for God in Changing Times:
Use God's Strength

Psalm 27:7-14

The Message (MSG)

 7-9 Listen, God, I'm calling at the top of my lungs:
      "Be good to me! Answer me!"
   When my heart whispered, "Seek God,"
      my whole being replied,
   "I'm seeking him!"
      Don't hide from me now!

 9-10 You've always been right there for me;
      don't turn your back on me now.
   Don't throw me out, don't abandon me;
      you've always kept the door open.
   My father and mother walked out and left me,
      but God took me in.

 11-12 Point me down your highway, God;
      direct me along a well-lighted street;
      show my enemies whose side you're on.
   Don't throw me to the dogs,
      those liars who are out to get me,
      filling the air with their threats.

 13-14 I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness
      in the exuberant earth.
   Stay with God!
      Take heart. Don't quit.
   I'll say it again:
      Stay with God.

For Reflection
Sometimes it seems that God has not answered us.  It could be that we have been assuming the answer thinking, "Of course God will do this for me."  Sometimes, no, most of the time, God will do something entirely unexpected.  Have patience. Look for the hand of God with-out preconceived expectations.  You will see it working.

Pray
for patience.  Pray to see God's hand at work in  your life.  Pray that you stay with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.