Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Look to Abraham

FAITH IN ACTION:
LIVING AS FAITHFUL PEOPLE
God's Covenant

A Blessing for All Nations

Isaiah 51:1-6

The Message
Committed to Seeking God
 1-3 "Listen to me, all you who are serious about right living and committed to seeking God.
Ponder the rock from which you were cut,
   the quarry from which you were dug.
Yes, ponder Abraham, your father,
   and Sarah, who bore you.
Think of it! One solitary man when I called him,
   but once I blessed him, he multiplied.
Likewise I, God, will comfort Zion,
   comfort all her mounds of ruins.
I'll transform her dead ground into Eden,
   her moonscape into the garden of God,
A place filled with exuberance and laughter,
   thankful voices and melodic songs. 4-6"Pay attention, my people.
   Listen to me, nations.
Revelation flows from me.
   My decisions light up the world.
My deliverance arrives on the run,
   my salvation right on time.
   I'll bring justice to the peoples.
Even faraway islands will look to me
   and take hope in my saving power.
Look up at the skies,
   ponder the earth under your feet.
The skies will fade out like smoke,
   the earth will wear out like work pants,
   and the people will die off like flies.
But my salvation will last forever,
   my setting-things-right will never be obsolete.


For Reflection
"Ponder the rock from which you were cut."  Listen to God.  Climb onto the wagon of His revelation to you.  Set things right,  Hope for justice and He will lead you into it.

Pray
earnestly looking for the Holy Spirit who abides in you.  Pray for the courage to follow the God whispers. Pray for faith in the outcomes of God's kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.