Monday, January 2, 2012

Choosing the Way of Faithfulness

FAITH IN ACTION:
LIVING AS FAITHFUL PEOPLE
God's Covenant

God Watches Over Joseph

Psalm 119:25-32

The Message
 25-32 I'm feeling terrible—I couldn't feel worse!
      Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember?
   When I told my story, you responded;
      train me well in your deep wisdom.
   Help me understand these things inside and out
      so I can ponder your miracle-wonders.
   My sad life's dilapidated, a falling-down barn;
      build me up again by your Word.
   Barricade the road that goes Nowhere;
      grace me with your clear revelation.
   I choose the true road to Somewhere,
      I post your road signs at every curve and corner.
   I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me;
      God, don't let me down!
   I'll run the course you lay out for me
      if you'll just show me how.

For Reflection
Prayer is a sure deterrent for temptation.  Studying the scriptures in the fellowship of believers, and keeping your eye on the fulfilling the promise of God will guide you to avoid temptations toward the un-Godly.

Pray
Reread the passages from Psalms and take it to your heart as a prayer.  Pray that you will choose God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.