Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Confidence of Trust

A Living Faith
What is Faith?

Faith Is Assurance

Psalm 27:1-6

The Message
A David Psalm
 1 Light, space, zest— that's God!
   So, with him on my side I'm fearless,
      afraid of no one and nothing.

 2 When vandal hordes ride down
      ready to eat me alive,
   Those bullies and toughs
      fall flat on their faces.

 3 When besieged,
      I'm calm as a baby.
   When all hell breaks loose,
      I'm collected and cool.

 4 I'm asking God for one thing,
      only one thing:
   To live with him in his house
      my whole life long.
   I'll contemplate his beauty;
      I'll study at his feet.

 5 That's the only quiet, secure place
      in a noisy world,
   The perfect getaway,
      far from the buzz of traffic.

 6 God holds me head and shoulders
      above all who try to pull me down.
   I'm headed for his place to offer anthems
      that will raise the roof!
   Already I'm singing God-songs;
      I'm making music to God.

For Reflection
Being besieged by the common place world is the terror of our times.  So many things vie for our attention and distract us from the righteous path God intends.  Take some time today to think about what has happened in your life this day.  Try to remember those things which are so common in every-day occurrence that you never give them a second thought; perhaps a slow cashier at the grocery has frustrated you or a racist joke was told in your presence and your silence approved its telling.

Some times faith requires us to be alone, out of step with conventional wisdom in such small ways that we are often unaware of them.  And yet, these small things tend, over time, to slowly eat away at the roots of our faith and fear begins the rotting of our souls.

Step away from life for awhile.  Hold God's hand and pray for the confidence and trust that you can meet God's expectations as a witness to his Kingdom.

Pray
for the serenity that can only come from God.  Pray for confidence in the Lord.  Pray that your faith will not be compromised by common place occurrences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.