Friday, May 24, 2013

I Am the Road

Beyond the Present Time
Resurrection Hope
Hope in the Day of the Lord

John 14:1-7

The Message

The Road

14 1-4 “Don’t let this throw you. You trust God, don’t you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father’s home. If that weren’t so, would I have told you that I’m on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I’m on my way to get your room ready, I’ll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I’m taking.”
Thomas said, “Master, we have no idea where you’re going. How do you expect us to know the road?”
6-7 Jesus said, “I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him. You’ve even seen him!” 

For Reflection
Christ is the ultimate example of a righteous life.  It is He whom we try to mimic.  He is the ultimate high status friend, advocate in our behalf to God.  He is the only life coach that will lead to an authentic human experience living righteously in the hollow of God's hand. 

Pray
that you will place abiding trust in God.  Pray that you will be ready to hear the whispered advice for righteous living.  Pray that you will know God as He knows you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.