Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Times Are in Your Hands

Beyond the Present Time
Resurrection Hope
A Living Hope

Psalm 31:14-18

The Message
14-18 Desperate, I throw myself on you:
    you are my God!
Hour by hour I place my days in your hand,
    safe from the hands out to get me.
Warm me, your servant, with a smile;
    save me because you love me.
Don’t embarrass me by not showing up;
    I’ve given you plenty of notice.
Embarrass the wicked, stand them up,
    leave them stupidly shaking their heads
    as they drift down to hell.
Gag those loudmouthed liars
    who heckle me, your follower,
    with jeers and catcalls. 

For Reflection
Do you presume to tell God what to do?  This psalmist seems to presume so.  It strikes me that his talk with God is authentically human, filled with emotion and passion.  He approaches God in a relationship filled with trust, hope, and a deep conviction that God will listen and answer.

Pray
authentically.  Let your humanness show.  Assume a healthy family relationship with your God.  Listen for his answer and pray for an active hope that His will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.