Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Beseeching god's Answers to Prayer

God's People Worship
The Prophet and Praise

Fasting and Praying

Psalm 69:9-18

The Message
I love you more than I can say.
Because I’m madly in love with you,
They blame me for everything they dislike about you.
10 When I poured myself out in prayer and fasting,
All it got me was more contempt.
11 When I put on a sad face,
They treated me like a clown.
12 Now drunks and gluttons
Make up drinking songs about me.
13 And me? I pray.
God, it’s time for a break!
God, answer in love!
Answer with your sure salvation!
14 Rescue me from the swamp,
Don’t let me go under for good,
Pull me out of the clutch of the enemy;
This whirlpool is sucking me down.
15 Don’t let the swamp be my grave, the Black Hole
Swallow me, its jaws clenched around me.
16 Now answer me, God, because you love me;
Let me see your great mercy full-face.
17 Don’t look the other way; your servant can’t take it.
I’m in trouble. Answer right now!
18 Come close, God; get me out of here.
Rescue me from this deathtrap.

For Reflection
That's the way it works, you know.  As soon as you begin your transformation into a child of God, those in your old life push to keep you in your old robes.  The pressure can be maddening.  It can suck you back when you are most vulnerable.  Prayer and faith and confidence in God's power to keep you from harm will keep you from being swallowed in the vortex of social pressure.  You have chosen life over death, righteousness over Godlessness.  You are in a better place. Look to your new community of faithful for support and infuse yourself in God's will for your life. 

Pray
that you will seek a new life in God's presence.  Pray for the courage to bolster your transformation into a child of God.  Pray that you will reject the taunts of others and move closer into the loving arms of a compassionate God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.