Friday, July 25, 2014

All Done Decently and in Order

The People of God Set Priorities
Living as a Community of Believers

Seek the Good of  Others

1 Corinthians 14:37-40 The Message

37-38 If any one of you thinks God has something for you to say or has inspired you to do something, pay close attention to what I have written. This is the way the Master wants it. If you won’t play by these rules, God can’t use you. Sorry.
39-40 Three things, then, to sum this up: When you speak forth God’s truth, speak your heart out. Don’t tell people how they should or shouldn’t pray when they’re praying in tongues that you don’t understand. Be courteous and considerate in everything.
 
For Reflection
Sometimes I prefer to use an alternate translation.  In this case the NIV version makes more sense, than, "Sorry..."  It is, "But if anyone ignores this they themselves will be ignored."  To my way of thinking, God uses all, good and bad to God's ends.  

My prayer is that I do and say things that are fitting and orderly, courteous and considerate.  I pray to be humble.  I pray to be loving and supportive.   How about you?
 
Pray
to find your way in the Kingdom of God.  Pray that your ears hear the whispers of the Spirit.  Pray that your tongue speaks your heart and preserves the right for others to choose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.