Friday, September 12, 2014

The Future is Now!

Sustaining Hope
The Days Are Surely Coming

A New Future

Jeremiah 30:1-3, 18-22  The Message

30 1-2 This is the Message Jeremiah received from God: “God’s Message, the God of Israel: ‘Write everything I tell you in a book.
“‘Look. The time is coming when I will turn everything around for my people, both Israel and Judah. I, God, say so. I’ll bring them back to the land I gave their ancestors, and they’ll take up ownership again.’”
18-21 “Again, God’s Message:
“‘I’ll turn things around for Jacob.
    I’ll compassionately come in and rebuild homes.
The town will be rebuilt on its old foundations;
    the mansions will be splendid again.
Thanksgivings will pour out of the windows;
    laughter will spill through the doors.
Things will get better and better.
    Depression days are over.
They’ll thrive, they’ll flourish.
    The days of contempt will be over.
They’ll look forward to having children again,
    to being a community in which I take pride.
I’ll punish anyone who hurts them,
    and their prince will come from their own ranks.
One of their own people shall be their leader.
    Their ruler will come from their own ranks.
I’ll grant him free and easy access to me.
    Would anyone dare to do that on his own,
    to enter my presence uninvited?’ God’s Decree.
22 “‘And that’s it: You’ll be my very own people,
    I’ll be your very own God.’”
 
For Reflection
Friday is a time for grieving.  Friday is a time for lamentations.  Friday is the day when one realizes loss.  Friday is the day in which one is closest to hopelessness.  Friday is the day for crying.  Friday is the day for feeling alone.  Friday is depressing.

But wait!  As one talented minister put it,  "Its Friday, but, Sunday's a-comin."  Hope arrives on Sunday.  Peace is heralded on Sunday.  Justice rides on angel armies on Sunday.  Death is defeated on Sunday.  Righteousness reigns on Sunday.  Forgiveness and Grace mark our lives on Sunday.  Sunday is the day for singing praises to the God who died and has risen in glory.  The Kingdom of God arrives on Sunday.  Hallelujah!
 
Pray
Sing songs of praises to the living God.  Give thanks to the God that defies death.  Rejoice in hope that resides in a life centered in the loving hands of God.  Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.