Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Treasuring God's Word in Your Heart

Acts of Worship
Learning to Pray


Jesus Prays for the Disciples

Psalm 119:9-16  The Message

9-16 How can a young person live a clean life?
    By carefully reading the map of your Word.
I’m single-minded in pursuit of you;
    don’t let me miss the road signs you’ve posted.
I’ve banked your promises in the vault of my heart
    so I won’t sin myself bankrupt.
Be blessed, God;
    train me in your ways of wise living.
I’ll transfer to my lips
    all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
I delight far more in what you tell me about living
    than in gathering a pile of riches.
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,
    I attentively watch how you’ve done it.
I relish everything you’ve told me of life,
    I won’t forget a word of it.

For Reflection
What an important question!  How can the next generation become better than current and past generations?  For many, improving the human condition has taken a back seat to improving one's self.  It seems that these days the rights of self out rank the rights of the community.  If one Googles "spiritual growth"  one finds the first two pages of results are dominated by personal growth references.  There are no references to spiritual community.  Are we missing the point of a spiritual life?  Are we somehow obfuscating God's purpose of developing a community of spirituality where mutual outcomes are favored over individual ones?

Pray
for the community of believers.  Pray that the Holy spirit will direct us toward a compassionate community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.