Wednesday, January 21, 2015

You Heard My Plea

Acts of Worship
Learning to Pray


We Pray for One Another

Lamentations 3:52-60  The Message

52-54 “Enemies with no reason to be enemies
    hunted me down like a bird.
They threw me into a pit,
    then pelted me with stones.
Then the rains came and filled the pit.
    The water rose over my head. I said, ‘It’s all over.’
55-57 “I called out your name, O God,
    called from the bottom of the pit.
You listened when I called out, ‘Don’t shut your ears!
    Get me out of here! Save me!’
You came close when I called out.
    You said, ‘It’s going to be all right.’
58-60 “You took my side, Master;
    you brought me back alive!
God, you saw the wrongs heaped on me.
    Give me my day in court!
Yes, you saw their mean-minded schemes,
    their plots to destroy me.

For Reflection
When have you felt as though you were in a pit about to drown in the murky waters of life?  Remember your God.  Remember God's grace and compassion.  Remember God's promise of comfort and protection.  Remember God and pray.  Murky waters will be come clear.  You will bath in the healing water of your baptism.  You will not only survive, you will flourish!  Pray for rescue and you will find the pathway to righteousness.

Pray
for all those who are drowning in the murky waters of  life apart from the living God.  Pray that you will remember God's promise and find salvation in God's healing hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.