Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Shepherd's Comfort

The Spirit Comes
The Pledge of God's Presence


Jesus Promises an Advocate

Psalm 23  The Message

A David Psalm

23 1-3 God, my shepherd!
    I don’t need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
    you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
    you let me catch my breath
    and send me in the right direction.
Even when the way goes through
    Death Valley,
I’m not afraid
    when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd’s crook
    makes me feel secure.
You serve me a six-course dinner
    right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
    my cup brims with blessing.
Your beauty and love chase after me
    every day of my life.
I’m back home in the house of God
    for the rest of my life.
 
For Reflection
 Sometimes reading an unfamiliar translation of a familiar passage is strange.  But, making the familiar, strange, is sometimes useful.  After the shock of the transformation subsides, what have you seen in this familiar passage that is new or understood in a new way?
 

Pray
prayers of thanksgiving for the living God.  Thank God for Gods abiding protection.  Praise God for providing your needs.  Praise God for the comfort found in God's household.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.