Monday, November 23, 2015

Living with God

The Christian Community Comes AliveSeeds of New GrowthThessalonica, Beroea, and Athens

Psalm 27:4-5  The Message

I’m asking God for one thing,
    only one thing:
To live with him in his house
    my whole life long.
I’ll contemplate his beauty;
    I’ll study at his feet.
That’s the only quiet, secure place
    in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
    far from the buzz of traffic.
______________________________________
7-9 Listen, God, I’m calling at the top of my lungs:
    “Be good to me! Answer me!”
When my heart whispered, “Seek God,”
    my whole being replied,
“I’m seeking him!”
    Don’t hide from me now!
9-10 You’ve always been right there for me;
    don’t turn your back on me now.
Don’t throw me out, don’t abandon me;
    you’ve always kept the door open.
My father and mother walked out and left me,
    but God took me in.
For Reflection
There are many things we do that are done automatically.  We don't even think about them.  Many of these things like your morning rituals are learned and continued by how well they work for us.  Some of our reactions to the events of every day life can be traced to culturally based norms.  Spend some time today reflecting on your "auto-response" system. Make a list of those things which are based in our "common" culture and those which can be traced to a God Centered culture.

Living with God should result in a perspective which allows you to see the world differently, hopefully, with opportunities for peace.

Pray
that your auto-response system is grounded in God and driven by the Holy Spirit.  Pray for full immersion in the Godlife.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.