Monday, February 27, 2017

Jesus and the Father's Love

God Loves Us
God's Eternal, Preserving, Renewing Love


The Source of all Love

John 14:18-24. The Message

18-20 “I will not leave you orphaned. I’m coming back. In just a little while the world will no longer see me, but you’re going to see me because I am alive and you’re about to come alive. At that moment you will know absolutely that I’m in my Father, and you’re in me, and I’m in you.
21 “The person who knows my commandments and keeps them, that’s who loves me. And the person who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and make myself plain to him.”
22 Judas (not Iscariot) said, “Master, why is it that you are about to make yourself plain to us but not to the world?”
23-24 “Because a loveless world,” said Jesus, “is a sightless world. If anyone loves me, he will carefully keep my word and my Father will love him—we’ll move right into the neighborhood! Not loving me means not keeping my words. The message you are hearing isn’t mine. It’s the message of the Father who sent me.

For Reflection
As we enter the Lenten season, let us spend time with the Holy Spirit. Let us judge ourselves as we follow the path to the resurrection. Over the next few weeks, let the mysterious Holy Spirit purify us so that we may experience a recreation of commitment to follow the Way of Love. We see evidence of the fruits of lovelessness all around us. Let our loving kindness displace the hate, selfishness, and injustice that plagues us.

Pray
Now is the time for prayers of lament and confession.  Pray for forgiveness and repent. Pray for the infusion of love in a loveless world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.