Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Forgiving and Consoling the Offender

Jesus Calls for Justice and Mercy

The Unforgiving Servant

2 Chronicles 7:12-16 Amplified Bible 

12 Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night and said to him: “I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. 13 If I shut up the heavens so that no rain falls, or if I command locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence and plague among My people, 14 and My people, who are called by My Name, humble themselves, and pray and seek (crave, require as a necessity) My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear [them] from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land. 15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer offered in this place. 16 For now, I have chosen and sanctified and set apart for My purpose this house that My Name may be here forever, and My eyes and My heart will be hereperpetually.

For Reflection

Solomon's prayer was fully answered. It came as God's pledge that those who abide in God will forgive their digressions and lead them into a closer relationship with God. God's grace will follow God's people who express spiritual devotion as a result of God's revelation.  To those who desire to know God and understand God's will, God promises forgiveness and healing mercy.

Pray

Pray prayers of thanksgiving to God who frees you from sin and guides you into a loving relationship with God and with each other.  Praise God and follow the example of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.