Monday, October 15, 2018

God's Covenant with All Living Things

God Destroys and Recreates

God Is Always Working


Genesis 9:8-17 The Message (MSG)

8-11 Then God spoke to Noah and his sons: “I’m setting up my covenant with you including your children who will come after you, along with everything alive around you—birds, farm animals, wild animals—that came out of the ship with you. I’m setting up my covenant with you that never again will everything living be destroyed by floodwaters; no, never again will a flood destroy the Earth.”
12-16 God continued, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and everything living around you and everyone living after you. I’m putting my rainbow in the clouds, a sign of the covenant between me and the Earth. From now on, when I form a cloud over the Earth and the rainbow appears in the cloud, I’ll remember my covenant between me and you and everything living, that never again will floodwaters destroy all life. When the rainbow appears in the cloud, I’ll see it and remember the eternal covenant between God and everything living, every last living creature on Earth.”
17 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I’ve set up between me and everything living on the Earth.”

For Reflection

It is interesting to note that God made his covenant with all living things; plant, and animal. It is another indication of the organic network of all things in God's creation. It emphasizes the notion that God values all things equally.  Humankind is only as necessary as the lowliest plant, the smallest grain of sand, or microbe and the microbe is as important as the human.

Sometimes we forget that what happens in the material world, the plant world, the animal world, and the human world are inexorably interconnected. The flapping of a butterfly wing in China indeed influences all creation. If for example, we dam a stream we change the erosion pattern of the earth, the types of vegetation in the upstream, the living creatures that inhabit the stream and the impact of the environment on the life of human beings.

Humans, indeed, play an influential role in God's creation.  But, then again the evolutionary nature of God's creation balances all creation's elements. Each of the parts does as God has designed them.

Pray

Pray so that you see yourself as an integral part of God's universe.  Pray so that you can understand and perform according to God's grand design.  Pray so that you can live in harmony with each other and with the universe.

Forward to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.