Thursday, October 25, 2018

Rebekah Becomes Isaac's Wife

God Destroys and Recreates

Isaac and Rebekah Continue the Legacy


Genesis 24:45-51 The Message

45-48 “I had barely finished offering this prayer, when Rebekah arrived, her jug on her shoulder. She went to the spring and drew water and I said, ‘Please, can I have a drink?’ She didn’t hesitate. She held out her jug and said, ‘Drink; andwhen you’re finished I’ll also water your camels.’ I drank, and she watered the camels. I asked her, ‘Whose daughter are you?’ She said, ‘The daughter of Bethuel whose parents were Nahor and Milcah.’ I gave her a ring for her nose, bracelets for her arms, and bowed in worship to God. I praised God, the God of my master Abraham who had led me straight to the door of my master’s family to get a wife for his son.
49 “Now, tell me what you are going to do. If you plan to respond with a generous yes, tell me. But if not, tell me plainly so I can figure out what to do next.”
50-51 Laban and Bethuel answered, “This is totally from God. We have no say in the matter, either yes or no. Rebekah is yours: Take her and go; let her be the wife of your master’s son, as God has made plain.”

For Reflection

Does God predestine each small detail our lives? If so what about free choice? Perhaps God has designed a path for us. I'm not sure of how general or detailed God's intention is.  But I know that we are free to choose. Until we believe in God, the spark in our souls will not be ignited by the Holy Spirit. Then, as we are developing a trusting relationship with God, we will begin to understand and follow God's will for our lives.

Pray

Pray so that the Holy Spirit will guide you into the joy and wonder of being human, created in the likeness of God.

Forward to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.