Thursday, April 1, 2010

Distress Turns to Praise

Salem Bible Study
Teachings on Community


Psalm 69:16-33  (The Message)


 16 Answer me, O LORD, out of the goodness of your love;
       in your great mercy turn to me.
 17 Do not hide your face from your servant;
       answer me quickly, for I am in trouble.
 18 Come near and rescue me;
       redeem me because of my foes.
 19 You know how I am scorned, disgraced and shamed;
       all my enemies are before you.
 20 Scorn has broken my heart
       and has left me helpless;
       I looked for sympathy, but there was none,
       for comforters, but I found none.
 --------------------------------------------------------
29
I am in pain and distress;
       may your salvation, O God, protect me.
 30 I will praise God's name in song
       and glorify him with thanksgiving.
 31 This will please the LORD more than an ox,
       more than a bull with its horns and hoofs.
 32 The poor will see and be glad—
       you who seek God, may your hearts live!
 33 The LORD hears the needy
       and does not despise his captive people.

For Reflection:
Who has sympathy for the downtrodden and persecuted?  Who will provide comfort?  All human effort seems insufficient -- temporary.  To whom do you turn when hopelessness surrounds you?

Pray that you will find Joy in our risen Lord.  Pray that you can act as a vessel for the grace of God.  Pray that others will see in you a reflection of the only path to comfort, a strong relationship with the living God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.