Monday, May 10, 2010

I Am Your God

Salem Bible Study
Teachings on Community

Isaiah 41:4-10 (The Message)

 
 4 Who has done this and carried it through,
       calling forth the generations from the beginning?
       I, the LORD -with the first of them
       and with the last—I am he."
 5 The islands have seen it and fear;
       the ends of the earth tremble.
       They approach and come forward;
 6 each helps the other
       and says to his brother, "Be strong!"
 7 The craftsman encourages the goldsmith,
       and he who smooths with the hammer
       spurs on him who strikes the anvil.
       He says of the welding, "It is good."
       He nails down the idol so it will not topple.
 8 "But you, O Israel, my servant,
       Jacob, whom I have chosen,
       you descendants of Abraham my friend,
 9 I took you from the ends of the earth,
       from its farthest corners I called you.
       I said, 'You are my servant';
       I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
 10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
       do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
       I will strengthen you and help you;
       I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

For Reflection

So where is their room for fear?  Where is there room for selfishness?  Where is their room for anything but righteousness?
Remember the times when you felt uplifted with the righteous hand of God.

Pray that no matter how dismal the circumstance might be God will lead you through.  Pray that no matter how satisfying the circumstance might be, you will not forget the One who lead you to paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.