Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Creator of all the Earth

The Inescapable God
God Reveals


Isaiah 45:9-13 (The Message)
 8-10"Open up, heavens, and rain.
   Clouds, pour out buckets of my goodness!
Loosen up, earth, and bloom salvation;
   sprout right living.
   I, God, generate all this.
But doom to you who fight your Maker—
   you're a pot at odds with the potter!
Does clay talk back to the potter:
   'What are you doing? What clumsy fingers!'
Would a sperm say to a father,
   'Who gave you permission to use me to make a baby?'
Or a fetus to a mother,
   'Why have you cooped me up in this belly?'"
 11-13Thus God, The Holy of Israel, Israel's Maker, says:
   "Do you question who or what I'm making?
   Are you telling me what I can or cannot do?
I made earth,
   and I created man and woman to live on it.
I handcrafted the skies
   and direct all the constellations in their turnings.
And now I've got Cyrus on the move.
   I've rolled out the red carpet before him.
He will build my city.
   He will bring home my exiles.
I didn't hire him to do this. I told him.
   I, God-of-the-Angel-Armies."

For Reflection
God is the creator of all.  Who are we to question The Creator!  Here, through the prophet, Isaiah, God tells it like it is.  It is not a threat, but rather a statement of fact. Being at odds with the Potter will surely result in doom. Not because of God's action, but because one's choice carries consequence.  It is not a threat, but rather, a recommendation.
How has your concept of God limited him to human traits?  How has God surprised you by doing the unexpected?

Pray that you are open to see the works of God.  Pray that you hear His plan for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.