Monday, September 20, 2010

God's Mercy

The Inescapable God
God Reveals

Psalm 57:1-5 (The Message)
A David Psalm, When He Hid in a Cave from Saul
 1-3 Be good to me, God—and now! I've run to you for dear life.
   I'm hiding out under your wings
      until the hurricane blows over.
   I call out to High God,
      the God who holds me together.
   He sends orders from heaven and saves me,
      he humiliates those who kick me around.
   God delivers generous love,
      he makes good on his word.

 4 I find myself in a pride of lions
      who are wild for a taste of human flesh;
   Their teeth are lances and arrows,
      their tongues are sharp daggers.

 5 Soar high in the skies, O God!
      Cover the whole earth with your glory!

For Reflection
What kind of god is revealed in these passages?  To what extent do you trust in the way David did?

Pray prayers of thanksgiving.  Pray for your faith to grow stronger.  Pray to hope in the mercy of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.