Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Glimpse of God's Glory

We Worship God
A Guide for Worship Leaders:
All Things New


Exodus 33:17-23 (The Message)

 17 God said to Moses: "All right. Just as you say; this also I will do, for I know you well and you are special to me. I know you by name."
 18 Moses said, "Please. Let me see your Glory."
 19 God said, "I will make my Goodness pass right in front of you; I'll call out the name, God, right before you. I'll treat well whomever I want to treat well and I'll be kind to whomever I want to be kind."
 20 God continued, "But you may not see my face. No one can see me and live."
 21-23 God said, "Look, here is a place right beside me. Put yourself on this rock. When my Glory passes by, I'll put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with my hand until I've passed by. Then I'll take my hand away and you'll see my back. But you won't see my face."

For Reflection
God knows each of us by name, the good, the bad and even those who know him not.  We are special to Him.  His goodness passes right in front of us each day.  All we have to do is see and listen.  We will see and hear God's Glory.

Pray
long and hard enough to shut the world out so that you may see the back of God passing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.