Thursday, May 26, 2011

Living Water

We Worship God
A Guide for Worship Leaders:
All Things New


John 4:7-15 (The Message)
 7-8A woman, a Samaritan, came to draw water. Jesus said, "Would you give me a drink of water?" (His disciples had gone to the village to buy food for lunch.)
 9The Samaritan woman, taken aback, asked, "How come you, a Jew, are asking me, a Samaritan woman, for a drink?" (Jews in those days wouldn't be caught dead talking to Samaritans.)
 10Jesus answered, "If you knew the generosity of God and who I am, you would be asking me for a drink, and I would give you fresh, living water."
 11-12The woman said, "Sir, you don't even have a bucket to draw with, and this well is deep. So how are you going to get this 'living water'? Are you a better man than our ancestor Jacob, who dug this well and drank from it, he and his sons and livestock, and passed it down to us?"
 13-14Jesus said, "Everyone who drinks this water will get thirsty again and again. Anyone who drinks the water I give will never thirst—not ever. The water I give will be an artesian spring within, gushing fountains of endless life."
 15The woman said, "Sir, give me this water so I won't ever get thirsty, won't ever have to come back to this well again!"

For Reflection
Christ lived for us all, not just for some -- even for bitter enemies.  What does that say about how we should live with each other.  What is this water that quenches all thirst?

Pray
that you live your life as a peacemaker.  Pray that you accept all people who drink at the living well.  Pray for recognition of the Holy Spirit in yourself and in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.