Monday, March 26, 2012

Led by Truth and Light

God's Creative Word
The Word Was in the Beginning

Jesus Testifies to the Truth

Psalm 43

The Message
 1-2 Clear my name, God; stick up for me against these loveless, immoral people.
   Get me out of here, away
      from these lying degenerates.
   I counted on you, God.
      Why did you walk out on me?
   Why am I pacing the floor, wringing my hands
      over these outrageous people?

 3-4 Give me your lantern and compass,
      give me a map,
   So I can find my way to the sacred mountain,
      to the place of your presence,
   To enter the place of worship,
      meet my exuberant God,
   Sing my thanks with a harp,
      magnificent God, my God.

 5 Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
      Why are you crying the blues?
   Fix my eyes on God—
      soon I'll be praising again.
   He puts a smile on my face.
      He's my God.

For Reflection 
Blue? Lost your purpose in life?  Feeling Lost?  Feeling anxious?  Feeling threatened by those who respond to the culture rather than to God?  The psalmist sure did!  So much so that he sings his lamentations and hopeful prayers to the centering influence in his life, God.  Can you find your way to your sacred place when your feel the pressure of every day life?

After  the Christ event, truth became knowable.

Pray
as the psalmist did.  Sing praises to the God who encourages you and protects you.  Pray so that you find yourself centered in your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.