Friday, March 30, 2012

What is the Truth?

God's Creative Word
The Word Was in the Beginning

Jesus Testifies to the Truth

John 18:31-38

The Message
 31-32Pilate said, "You take him. Judge him by your law."
   The Jews said, "We're not allowed to kill anyone." (This would confirm Jesus' word indicating the way he would die.)
 33Pilate went back into the palace and called for Jesus. He said, "Are you the 'King of the Jews'?"
 34Jesus answered, "Are you saying this on your own, or did others tell you this about me?"
 35Pilate said, "Do I look like a Jew? Your people and your high priests turned you over to me. What did you do?"
 36"My kingdom," said Jesus, "doesn't consist of what you see around you. If it did, my followers would fight so that I wouldn't be handed over to the Jews. But I'm not that kind of king, not the world's kind of king."
 37Then Pilate said, "So, are you a king or not?"
   Jesus answered, "You tell me. Because I am King, I was born and entered the world so that I could witness to the truth. Everyone who cares for truth, who has any feeling for the truth, recognizes my voice."
 38-39Pilate said, "What is truth?"
   Then he went back out to the Jews and told them, "I find nothing wrong in this man. It's your custom that I pardon one prisoner at Passover. Do you want me to pardon the 'King of the Jews'?"

For Reflection 
Study the life of Christ.  Care for the least of your neighbors.  Seek justice and reconciliation.  Know that you are a child of God.  Center yourself in that Truth.

After  the Christ event, truth became knowable.

Pray
for courage and wisdom to respond to the Truth that is in Christ, Jesus.  Pray that you life, like Jesus's, testifies to the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.