Friday, April 6, 2012

"Father, into Your Hands"

God's Creative Word
The Word Was in the Beginning

The Living Word

Psalm 31:1-5

The Message
A David Psalm
 1-2I run to you, God; I run for dear life. Don't let me down!
      Take me seriously this time!
   Get down on my level and listen,
      and please—no procrastination!
   Your granite cave a hiding place,
      your high cliff aerie a place of safety.

 3-5 You're my cave to hide in,
      my cliff to climb.
   Be my safe leader,
      be my true mountain guide.
   Free me from hidden traps;
      I want to hide in you.
   I've put my life in your hands.
      You won't drop me,
      you'll never let me down.

For Reflection 
God has taken seriously all who feel as the psalmist, in need of a sanctuary.  The Christ event attests to the seriousness and unwavering sanctuary that God provides.  It attests to the truthfulness of God's promise to Abraham and His faith in all of humankind.  It is a warrant for our trust in Him.


After  the Christ event, truth became knowable.

Pray
that you will place as much faith in God's promise, His sanctuary, as God has placed in you to participate in the realization of His kingdom here on Earth.  Pray for the kind of trust in the living God that places your life in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.