Monday, April 30, 2012

The Water of Life

God's Creative Word
The Word Is Here and Now

Woman of Samaria

Revelation 22:10-17

The Message
 10-11The Angel continued, "Don't seal the words of the prophecy of this book; don't put it away on the shelf. Time is just about up. Let evildoers do their worst and the dirty-minded go all out in pollution, but let the righteous maintain a straight course and the holy continue on in holiness."

12-13"Yes, I'm on my way! I'll be there soon! I'm bringing my payroll with me. I'll pay all people in full for their life's work. I'm A to Z, the First and the Final, Beginning and Conclusion.
 14-15"How blessed are those who wash their robes! The Tree of Life is theirs for good, and they'll walk through the gates to the City. But outside for good are the filthy curs: sorcerers, fornicators, murderers, idolaters—all who love and live lies.
 16"I, Jesus, sent my Angel to testify to these things for the churches. I'm the Root and Branch of David, the Bright Morning Star."

 17"Come!" say the Spirit and the Bride.
   Whoever hears, echo, "Come!"
   Is anyone thirsty? Come!
   All who will, come and drink,
   Drink freely of the Water of Life!

For Reflection 
All of human kind is welcome to participate in God's promise.  Many will hear God's invitation, but not all will listen.  People are free to choose.  No amount of legislation, threat or promise will be compelling for some to become obedient to God's will.  It seems that believers in God and disciples of Christ are bound to spread the gospel.  But in doing so, they must recognize and preserve free choice.  God offers choice not totalitarian rule.

Look to your own house. Is It a strong fortress against evil influence?  Are you doing all you can to offer God's hospitality? Are you a steadfast witness to the Resurrection?


After  the Christ event, truth became knowable.


Pray
that you will not be overwhelmed and frustrated by those who hear but do not listen.  Pray that you will be a steadfast believer and disciple.   Pray that you drink freely and offer the Water of Life to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.