Monday, March 11, 2013

Guide into the Future

Beyond the Present Time
The Kingdom of God
Gabriel's Interpretation

Exodus 23:20-26

The Message
20-24 “Now get yourselves ready. I’m sending my Angel ahead of you to guard you in your travels, to lead you to the place that I’ve prepared. Pay close attention to him. Obey him. Don’t go against him. He won’t put up with your rebellions because he’s acting on my authority. But if you obey him and do everything I tell you, I’ll be an enemy to your enemies, I’ll fight those who fight you. When my Angel goes ahead of you and leads you to the land of the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, I’ll clear the country of them. So don’t worship or serve their gods; don’t do anything they do because I’m going to wipe them right off the face of the Earth and smash their sacred phallic pillars to bits.
25-26 “But you—you serve your God and he’ll bless your food and your water. I’ll get rid of the sickness among you; there won’t be any miscarriages nor barren women in your land. I’ll make sure you live full and complete lives.
 
For Reflection
What is holding you back? From the beginning of recorded time, God has lead the way. God prepares the way for us. God will make sure that all is made well -- even those troubles we encounter for the sake of the Kingdom. He promises that we do not have to confirm to the worldly to survive. We only have to be obedient to Him.

So, what are you waiting for? Give it all over to God. Trust in Him alone. Have confidence in his promise of a full and complete life.
 
Pray
for the courage to be fully obedient and involved in the realization of the kingdom of God. Pray for the courage to follow His guide in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.